Games People Play

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mood: Quacking up
Music: Rob Zombie

Pogo's done it again. They've come up with yet another mindless, thoroughly addictive waste of time. And I'm hooked, of course. It's called Quick Quack, and has wasted a large portion of my evening..and morning. Whatever you do, be sure you have a few hours before you sit down to try it, and that you have a good supply of your beverage and snack of choice handy.

Speaking of games, I have my kids addicted to http://www.starfall.com . It's a site that has reading and phonics games (shhh they're really lessons). I have a shortcut on the desktop of the computer they use, and they are allowed to play there any time they want. Surprisingly, they are there more often than they are on neopets. Colorful graphics, cool sounds, catchy phrases. The one I keep hearing the girls repeat is "when two vowels go a-walking, the first one does the talking". Hey, if it helps them get the vowel teams down, I'm all for it!

Anyone out there have more good games to play or good kid-friendly sites (that aren't based on TV shows)? Post 'em!

0 comments:

Post a Comment