The First

Saturday, January 03, 2009


Well, I just finished my first bracelet in my new chain-making hobby. The result is pictured. I used four different colors of rings, all 4mm and approximately 20-gauge. The silver and black are aluminum, the green is anodized nobium, and the gold ones are gold plated.

My daughters love it, and I might let the oldest wear it to middle school to see if there's any interest there for further pieces. Middle schoolers are forever hopping on fads, and it would be kinda cool to have my stuff be one of them for a bit. Not to mention potentially profitable.

I've got more rings coming, and am already shopping for my next batch after that. I think I like working with color an awful lot. Of course, I plan to eventually work my way into precious metals, but that won't be for a while yet. I have much to learn in both technique and theory. But I'm quite fired up about it at the moment! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment